Flank steak is typically a tougher cut of meat, but if marinated correctly, cooked correctly, and sliced correctly, it can be so tender and delicious. It's a great stand-alone entree, but would be really good for homemade fajitas as well.
This recipe is one I found through Food Network, and although it had a really great flavor, I would probably omit the tequila next time, or at least use less.
Tequila Garlic Lime Flank Steak
adapted from here
1 cup roughly chopped garlic
3/4 cup lemon juice
1/2 cup clear tequila
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 tsp. cumin
1 tsp. crushed red pepper
1 Tbs. ground black pepper
2 lb. flank steak, trimmed
Combine all ingredients in a gallon sized bag and marinate in refrigerator for at least 2 hours. I marinated mine for almost 6 hours and I think it increased the tenderness. Remove from the refrigerator about 30 minutes prior to cooking and let rest. Heat grill to medium-high heat and grill on one side for 8-10 minutes, flip and grill for another 10-12 minutes or until it's cooked to your desired doneness. Remove from grill and allow to rest for 5-10 minutes. Slice against the grain and serve immediately.
1 comment:
You should SO make this for the beach! Looks so delicious!! :)
Post a Comment