I like quiche a lot, but it's just one of those meals I don't think to make very often.
I had bought some fresh asparagus and "just-laid" eggs at the farmers market last week and was trying to think of a good recipe I could use both in. I saw this recipe on Food Network and thought it sounded really good - and it was! I highly recommend trying it out, and although it doesn't look it, it was really easy.
Asparagus Quiche
adapted from here
1 pre-made crust, thawed
3 large eggs
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup fat free milk
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1/2 cup cheese mixture - I used parmesan, asiago, and romano
7 stalks asparagus, divided
2 slices deli ham, chopped
1 small onion, diced
2 small mushrooms, diced
Preheat oven to 425˚F. Roll out pie crust into 9" quiche pan (or tart or pie pan), and poke a few holes in the bottom. Place foil in the bottom of the pan and bake for 7-8 minutes until it starts to feel firm. Reduce heat after you take the pie crust out to 350˚F.
Chop 2 of the asparagus stalks into small pieces and add to a small frying pan. Spray with cooking spray and saute with ham, onion, and mushrooms until soft. In a medium sized mixing bowl, add eggs, cream, milk, parsley, salt, pepper, cheese, and saute mixture. Mix well and pour into pie crust. Arrange remaining 5 asparagus stalks on top and bake for 30 minutes or until eggs have cooked through.
No comments:
Post a Comment