Another new recipe for the pantry challenge. I found both of these recipes on this blog, which I absolutely love, and use for inspiration often. The only thing I had in the house that I thought would work well as a "filling" was deli turkey and cheddar cheese. It worked, but I will probably try something else next time I make it.
The homemade rice-a-roni was excellent and I highly recommend trying it out.
Stuffed Chicken
adapted from here
2 boneless chicken breasts, flattened
1/4 cup bread crumbs
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
2 tsp. garlic powder
cooking spray
filling of your choice - I used deli turkey meat and shredded cheddar cheese
Preheat oven to 400˚F.
Season chicken with salt and pepper. Combine bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, and garlic powder on a separate plate. Place your filling of choice on top of the chicken and roll up burrito style. Spray chicken with cooking spray and roll in bread crumb mixture. Transfer to a greased baking sheet. Use your hands to pat on a thicker layer of the crumb mixture until completely covered. Bake for about 25 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
Homemade Rice-a-Roni
adapted from here
3/4 cup white rice
1/2 cup broken spaghetti
3 Tbs. butter
14oz. chicken stock (I made my own using 14oz. hot water and 2 chicken bouillon cubes)
1/2 tsp. dried parsley flakes
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add rice and noodles and saute until somewhat browned. Add chicken stock, parsley, and garlic powder and bring to a boil. Cover with a lid and turn to low. Cook for 15 minutes without removing the lid.
Items used:
2 frozen chicken breasts
deli turkey
shredded cheddar cheese
italian bread crumbs
parmesan cheese
white rice
spaghetti
2 chicken bouillon cubes
butter
2 comments:
I bet this would be great stuffed with broccoli and cheddar or feta and baby spinach! mmmmmmm!!!
I made the rice-a-roni the other night and it was fabulous!! Pierce even helped by breaking up the spaghetti...he loved that!
Love you.
Post a Comment