Friday, March 12, 2010

Pantry Challenge: Dinner #6

This is such a great recipe. My Mom has made it in the past and I really enjoyed it. It takes a while to cook, so start early if you're going to make it!


Herb Crusted Pork Tenderloin
Adapted from Paula Deen

1 4lb. boneless pork loin
1 Tbs. salt
2 Tbs. vegetable oil
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 tsp. dried thyme
1 tsp. dried basil
1 tsp. dried rosemary

Preheat oven to 475˚F. Place tenderloin on a roasting rack. Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and rub onto the tenderloin until covered. [I use vegetable oil instead of olive oil like the recipe calls for, because at 475˚F, olive oil will burn and will make your house fill with smoke. Believe me, I've tried.] Cook for 30 minutes, then reduce heat to 425˚F and roast for another hour. This may vary depending on the size of your roast - I didn't have to cook mine quite as long because I had two smaller loins instead of one larger one. Internal temperature should reach 155˚F before it's done.

I threw some carrots and onions in the pan and allowed them to roast along with the tenderloin. They were delicious.


Items used:

pork tenderloin
carrots
1 white onion
garlic

No comments: