Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Pantry Challenge: Dinner #4

The pantry challenge is going well and making me be creative with my meals, which is nice. It gives our routine, week-to-week meals, a break.

This next recipe is one I have made before, but certainly not a recipe I make often, and I don't think I've ever blogged about it. The picture doesn't do it justice - it looks so bland and boring, but it's quite the opposite. If you like garlic, you'll love this recipe.


Chicken Diane

2 chicken breasts
5 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 onion, chopped
2 Tbs. worcestershire sauce (or more, depending on your taste)
16oz. sour cream
1/2 cup heavy cream
parsley

Saute garlic and onions in a small amount of olive oil on medium heat until soft. Pan seer chicken, about 5 minutes on each side, allowing the garlic and onions in the pan to adhere to the chicken. Take the chicken out of the pan and set aside. Add sour cream, heavy cream, and worcestershire sauce to pan and simmer until sauce thickens. Add chicken back to sauce and continue to simmer on low for another 10 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through. Serve over rice.

Items used:

2 frozen chicken breasts
garlic
worcestershire sauce
heavy cream
sour cream
1/2 white onion
white rice

No comments: