We had a bunch of bananas that were on the verge of getting brown and we were heading out of town for the weekend, so I decided to make some banana bread so that they wouldn't go to waste.
This recipe is actually very easy and the end product is beautiful and very good!

Banana Bread
adapted from the Better Homes & Gardens New Cookbook, Bridal Edition
2 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. salt
2 eggs, room temperature
1 1/2 cups bananas (I used 3 large bananas)
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
Preheat oven to 350˚F and grease a 9x5x3 loaf pan. In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg, cinnamon, and salt. Make a well in the center of the mixture and set bowl aside. In another bowl, mix together the eggs, bananas, sugar, and oil. Pour egg mixture into well of dry mixture and stir together just until moistened. The batter should be lumpy. Pour into loaf pan and bake for one hour. Allow bread to cool on a wire rack before cutting.
1 comment:
I have NEVER been able to make a good (moist) banana bread. I'll have to try this recipe the next time I have ripe bananas sitting around (they get eaten pretty quickly in this house, though!).
Love you!
Post a Comment