Monday, September 7, 2009

Fettuccine Alfredo

I love homemade alfredo sauce. You should try this recipe - it's delicious. And creamy. And cheesy.

You could easily add chicken or shrimp, or really anything else to this dish to jazz it up, but it's good all by itself and you can see in the picture that I just threw some broccoli in to add some vegetables.


Fettuccine Alfredo

6 oz. uncooked fettuccine
2 cloves garlic, whole
1 Tbs. butter
1/2 cup whipping cream (or half & half)
3/4 cup parmesan cheese
1/4 cup asiago cheese
S&P to taste
**I added one bag of frozen broccoli

Cook fettuccine al dente. A trick I use to get more flavor into the pasta is to cook the pasta with two whole cloves of garlic - it's really good. About one minute prior to the pasta being done, add broccoli and stir until bright green. Drain pasta mixture and return to saucepot. Add butter, whipping cream, and cheese. Mix until cheese and butter are melted. Add salt and pepper to taste.

No comments: