Monday, November 3, 2008

Steak Marinade

This is a recipe that a good friend of mine used to use all the time whenever he was grilling steak. I had tasted it but never used it myself until I started cooking for my husband, but only because I've never been a big red meat fan. This is so simple, can be put together hours before you're ready to start cooking (like, in the morning before you leave for work), and gives an absolutely incredible flavor to whatever it is that you're making.


Steak Marinade

1/4 cup red wine vinegar (I've used just plain white vinegar in the past, as well)
2 Tbs. worcestershire sauce
2 Tbs. soy sauce
1/2 cup ketchup
s&p
garlic powder
onion salt

Mix all ingredients together and marinate for at least 30 minutes. If making more than 2-4 steaks, double the recipe (or just eye it). 

**I've been told this is also good for chicken and fish, but have never tried it. Let me know if you do, and what you think!

No comments: