I had half of a cucumber in my fridge that I was afraid would go bad if I didn't use it, so I was trying to think of what I could make with it. Ah-ha! I'm glad the pasta salad thought crossed my mind because now I have lunch for the whole week! Yes!
This recipe came to me from a friend's mother, who is such a great cook! Thanks, Martha!
Pasta Salad
1 lb. rotini pasta (I tend to use bowtie pasta, but only because I like the shape better)
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup white vinegar
1/2 cup olive oil
2 tsp. dry mustard powder
2 tsp. dill weed
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 red onion, chopped
1/2 cucumber, chopped
cherry tomatoes, halved
Slightly undercook pasta to al dente and drain. Mix together the dressing and add to the pasta while still warm. Stir in vegetables. Refrigerate in tupperware overnight.
1 comment:
Oh yum! I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE dill and red onion so anything with those is sure to be wonderful :)
Post a Comment