Last night I had to work late, then leave soon after I got home to head to another work obligation, so I knew I didn't have a lot of time to get dinner together. For some odd reason I was craving pasta, but I knew my usual go-to spaghetti sauce (my Mother-in-law's recipe...SO good) would take too long. I did some researching at work and found
this recipe, which I tweaked a little, and my loving husband made dinner for us! He even thought it was easy, and considering its simplicity, it was delicious!
Meat Sauce
1 lb. ground beef or turkey
1 large onion, chopped
4 6oz. cans tomato paste (or 2 12oz. cans, whichever you find)
1 28oz. can peeled stewed tomatoes
s&p to taste
Garlic powder to taste
Crushed red pepper to taste
2 Tbs. sugar
1 cup water
Brown the beef and onion together in large saucepot, then drain off the fat. Add the rest of the ingredients and simmer for 30 minutes. Serve over your favorite pasta.
No comments:
Post a Comment