This is another Mom special. I remember it being so good when she made it, so I borrowed the recipe and thought I'd give it a shot. I was definitely in a hurry tonight, and this recipe really is quick. And, there are only a few ingredients, so chances are you have most of these things on hand already.
Chicken Curry In A Hurry
1 Tbs. olive oil
3 or 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/3 cup raisins (optional)
1 onion, sliced
s&p to taste
1 1/2 tsp. curry powder
1 cup sour cream
cilantro or parsley for garnish, if desired
Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add onions (and optional raisins) and let cook for approximately 5 minutes, or until onions are translucent. Add s&p and half of the curry powder to onions. Season chicken breasts with s&p and other half of curry powder before adding to skillet. Push onions to one side of skillet and add chicken, cooking approximately 3-5 minutes on each side. Transfer chicken to plate.
Add sour cream and stir constantly over medium heat until sauce thickens. Add chicken back to sauce and allow to cook until chicken is cooked through. Garnish with cilantro or parsley and serve over rice.
**I don't particularly like raisins, so I don't use them. However, I do think it would be good with something sweet added in, and although I didn't do this tonight, I was thinking that a little nutmeg would be really good. Let me know if you try it with the nutmeg and what you think!
1 comment:
What about craisins or is that too close to raisins?
Love,Aunt Sharon
Have to smell of rice pudding baking in the house today! Yum!
Post a Comment