Chili is another favorite in our household. It's comforting and so easy. A lot of times I'll get everything together and let it cook in the crock-pot all day, but it works even if you want to throw it together in 30 minutes after a long day. I've posted a similar recipe for chili before, but I'll re-post.
Chili
1 lb. ground turkey
1 28oz. can diced tomatoes
1 can black beans
1 can kidney beans
1 onion, chopped
3 garlic cloves, minced
salt
pepper
garlic powder
chili powder
red pepper flakes
Brown ground turkey until done. Add onions and garlic and cook until soft, making sure not to burn the garlic. Add a pinch of salt and pepper. Add remaining ingredients and spices to taste. If I were using the crock-pot, this is where I would transfer everything and cook on low all day. If not, simmer for 20-30 minutes or until beans are soft.
I serve my chili over rice. There are tons of options for toppers, but we usually just use cheese, sour cream, and green onions.
Items used:
ground turkey
black beans
kidney beans
diced tomatoes
1 white onion
garlic
shredded cheddar cheese
sour cream
green onions
No comments:
Post a Comment