Friday, January 9, 2009

Deviled Eggs

There isn't really a "recipe" for deviled eggs that I want to share with you all, but more or less the ingredients that I enjoy blending with the egg yolks to make the perfect creamy and tasty deviled egg mixture. 

My husband isn't a fan of relish in his eggs, and although I don't enjoy pickles at all, I like the sweet taste of relish juice. I will add varying amounts of mayonnaise, relish juice, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and a small amount of mustard to the already hard-boiled egg yolks, mixing well until you get the exact taste and consistency you love. 

A trick I use is to scoop all the yummy mixture into a zip-lock bag and snip the corner of the bag open, squeezing the mixture into the eggs and making the eggs look perfect for presentation. Top with a sprinkle or two of paprika.

Enjoy!


No comments: