Monday, February 2, 2009

Shrimp Scampi Over Rice

I hadn't planned on making this for dinner tonight - though I knew I wanted something with shrimp, because it's been in our freezer for a few weeks now. 

I've never made shrimp scampi before, but love all the flavors of wine and garlic and lemon mixed together. I gave it a shot and it wasn't too bad. When I was tasting it before it was finished, I thought it was too salty, but once it was over the rice it was really yummy. And the best part - it was so easy to make.



Shrimp Scampi Over Rice

1 lb. raw shrimp, shelled
3 Tbs. unsalted butter
3 Tbs. flour
1 can chicken broth
1/2 cup white cooking wine
1/2 tsp. garlic salt (or to taste)
1/2 tsp. ground pepper
parsley, for garnish


Prepare rice. Melt butter in large saucepan over medium heat. Add flour and stir until thick and bubbly. Add chicken broth, wine, garlic salt, and pepper and let reduce until sauce thickens. Add shrimp and cook until done. Serve over rice and garnish with parsley.

* You could probably add some chopped onion and coarsley chopped garlic that would make it really good too.
** I recently got a new camera lens and I LOVE it. It's awesome.

No comments: