Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Fried Rice

Such a great way to use up that leftover rice you know you have sitting in your fridge!

This is an easy, and quick, side dish or meal. I made it for lunch one day when I was searching for something yummy to eat.

Again, I don't think you have to have a wok to make this!


Fried Rice

2 cups cold (previously cooked) rice
1 cup frozen vegetables
2 eggs, beaten
s&p to taste
1 Tbs. oyster sauce
3 Tbs. soy sauce
~2 Tbs. vegetable oil
and anything else you want to throw in there (shrimp, chicken, pork, peppers, onions, etc.)

Heat wok over medium-high heat and add some vegetable oil. Stir fry vegetables (and any meat that you may add) for about a minute. Push to the side and pour eggs in the middle; scramble until about half way done. Add rice and other seasonings and continue cooking for a few minutes, mixing everything together. Serve with toasted sesame seeds or green onions if desired!

No comments: